Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Patchwork Dragon




More dragons, These were some of the less elaborate dragons. Almost a cross between a dragon and a lion dancer. See the guy from yesterday's post in the middle picture? And those creepy cupie-doll-head people in the last picture? The last picture was my only good hole to get pictures. And they had to be vertical. I was set up on the intersection of Mott and Bayard Streets. If I stood on the curb I could see over the only guy in front of me. He was up against the barrier but as soon as the parade started his camera went up over his head and right in front of my face. Of course, the clear shot at the intersection I had was destroyed as three cops moved in, four fireman showed up and all the national media camera guys took their stand. I was left with this little hole. And I was set up an hour before it started.

No comments: