Friday, February 15, 2013

Heidelberg Castle 1986









Heidelberg Castle, Germany. Mid July 1986. Like many castles of Europe it's hard to say when this was built. The original castle here was built in 1214, expanded in 1294, partially destroyed in 1537. Expanded again in 1650 and lightning struck again in 1764. Like a lot of my trips during my two years in Europe details fade into one another, unlike a week vacation where everything is condensed. This trip, I believe, was just a weekend or just a two day trip with my friend Jim. Jim was the chef at the base Bed and Breakfast. With his schedule and my schedule we had days off in the middle of the week and we would run out and do things. I do remember the castle tour but surprisingly enough I remember hitting every Italian ice cream shop we passed. Some twice.

No comments: