Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You Can Buy Anything on the Streets of Chinatown





Seriously, you can buy anything on the streets of Chinatown. Except, obviously, Dumplings. Apparently all the freaking Dumpling Houses are CLOSED on Lunar New Year. What's up with that? I could have gotten those mini dried shrimp I've been looking for. And dragonfruit. I really am buying one of those one day. And the Lunar New Years decorations. I'm sure they're all "Made in the USA". And, Hey, I could get any of those services on the signs there. I'm pretty sure some of that stuff may be illegal to bring back across state lines. And squid. Did I mention squid? Sitting right there along the sidewalk on a pile of ice. I don't think I'd get that in the summer. But it did snow the day before, so I'm pretty sure it's OK. I did get pineapple rolls from Natalie's Bakery on Grand and Forsythe for my son. My daughter peeked outside her box and got a bag, no two whole bags, of fortune cookies. The fortune cookies were made in Brooklyn.

No comments: