Friday, November 23, 2007

It's That Time of Year, Again





It is time for Christmas pictures. We took the kids up to Kings Gap yesterday to take some pictures to send out with the cards. Of course, it was beautiful Wednesday, Thursday morning was great, after lunch on our way up to the mansion (see pictures 1 & 2) it clouded up, it got windy and then it rained. Just great. Til we got there, though, it had let up and soon, except for the wind, it got rather pleasant. We took some picture in front of the mansion, some out on the veranda and then some down the mountain at the Pine Plantation. It is a cool log house (see picture 3), part of a tree farm (see picture 4), there was actually weeds growing on the porch roof. The kids were full of themselves and at times, it seemed, I needed a lasso to get them settled down. Of the 30 or so pictures I took of them I think I got a keeper or two. (Check out this site for more info on Kings Gap)

Oh, I also found this guy. Not something you would expect to see on Thanksgiving day. I tugged on his tail and he was definitely moving a little slow.


No comments: