Monday, November 26, 2007

You Talkin' To Me?




This morning is the opening day of deer season here in Pennsylvania. These pictures are of something I DON'T want to see. My son and I will be in the woods before daylight, hoping as we get closer to where we want to be that no unexpected flashlights shine, telling us to keep moving. The Monday after Thanksgiving has always been an unwritten and unofficial holiday. Most schools are not open and most businesses know they will be taking a hit on manpower for the next couple of weeks but mostly Monday and Tuesday. Every year since 1976, except for 3 of the years I was away, I have sat watching the sunrise through the trees. Not always in the same place, not always in the same county but for the most part with my Dad and Brother nearby. Lately these mornings have included my daughter or son and nephew. Some years end early some end empty handed. Oh well, that's why they call it hunting not killing. It's good to be a hunter. Someone once said "Hunt with your kids and you won't have to hunt for your kids."

No comments: