Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dome Sweet Dome


Some people would question the use of two , not just one, but two dome pictures in the same week. Well I am here to break the rules people. This dome caught my eye last Thursday as I drove down Pomfret Street (my German is a little rusty, but doesn't Pomfret mean potato fries? maybe that's pommes frites) Anyways, back to the dome. As I drove down Pomfret Street in Carlisle, PA, the afternoon sun shining on the dome and cross cried out for me to see what I could make of it. I liked this shot in a minimalistic way. Another shot, including parts of the church would have been a good one to post also, maybe later. (possibly 3 dome pictures in 1 week? say it isn't so.)
This is the Grace United Methodist Church on the northeast corner of West Pomfret and South West Street in Carlisle, PA. Website here. According the their website, this part of the church was built in 1929-1930.

No comments: