Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gutterball Zone (PG XLV)



Park Lanes has been the scene of so many birthday parties in my kids' lives that I don't know how a town could survive without a bowling alley. At one time there were two alleys in Shippensburg, Park Lanes and Jay Wrights. But, of course, Jay had a roller rink in the basement. Oh yeah, roller rinks, we'll save that for another time. Bowling and Rolling, in my opinion, were staples growing up, usually reserved for special occasions but so much better than playing games with the TV.
I liked the way the spotlight shined on the building, so I ran up late last week in the dark and fired off some pictures. Froze my butt off while I was at it. I also thought as I was processing it that I liked to over-processed grainy look to this. Hope you do too.
"It all comes down to this roll. Roy Munson, a man-child, with a dream to topple bowling giant Ernie McCracken. If he strikes, he's the 1979 Odor-Eaters Champion. He's got one foot in the frying pan and one in the pressure cooker." Ernie McCraken (Bill Murray) Kingpin 1996

No comments: