Monday, August 11, 2008

The House That Rock Built




OK, it's finally time to do my Rock and Roll Hall of Fame post. We hit it early and spent a good three and a half hours wondering around. We hit most of it. there were some movies, like the Beatles Help, but that was an hour and a half we didn't commit to. Unfortunately for you viewers they do not allow cameras inside. I did get this picture of the Neil Young replica guitar. (Rust Never Sleeps, get it?) Four years ago there were these guitar all over Cleveland. There were so many great exhibits here. One of Elvis' rhinestone outfits. ZZ Top's Eliminator car and the fuzzy drum kit. Mick Jaggar had a bunch of jumpsuits, he was obviously a very skinny guy. My son would say, "Hey, what did David Bowie sing?" Well with one song in one ear another song in the other ear and I'm reading original Aerosmith lyrics I could not think of one Bowie song. There's one about a space guy and spiders from Mars. Later while walking around outside I was able to sing a few Bowie songs for him. (He asked me to stop). The heads from Pink Floyd's Division Bell and parts of the Wall and the teacher puppet were there. Original Jimi Hendrix's artwork, he was quite an artist. A purple Continental that was Elvis' and Janis Joplin's Porsche (I thought she wanted a Mercedes Benz?). And guitars, guitars and more guitars. Oh, yeah and some of Madonna's cones. If you know what I mean?

No comments: