Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Walk in the North Woods




With prior commitments Friday night, Saturday morning and Monday morning my weekend getaway had it's limitations. A long drive, a relaxing evening by the campfire, a restful sleep and I was well on my way. Late this morning we took a walk and we kept going. Just to the top of this ridge, out so we could look into the meadow, "I'll bet that trail goes somewhere." (famous last words). "Hey, there a cabin... and another one" "Lets ask these guys where we are at." Their response, "Are you lost?" Lost is such a harsh word, just because you don't know where you are at doesn't mean you are lost, besides maybe lost is where we were headed. "Down the road that way is the main road... maybe 2 miles." All in all it was a good weekend and a good walkabout. Probably 5 miles in all and we now know where that trail goes. Not much wildlife on the way but those stories are for another time. Where was I? Ask me tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haney, 56 days and counting.....

Kathy said...

Oh, admit it.. you were lost.

Haney said...

Lost? I've never been lost before. Fearsome confused for a month or two but never lost.