Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Barn Behind the Church (PG LXXXII)


This is the last Mail Pouch Barn I have from Fulton County, PA. I'm sure there are more I'll have to look. This one was a doozey to find. I'll bet I drove past it three times before I spotted it. It's back a lane, probably 100 or 150 yards back from the main road. I drove back to the back parking lot of a church to find it and then back behind some storage units to get the picture. I didn't even notice until I processed the picture for posting that it is a two sided Mail Pouch barn. The front is so faded and with replaced boards in the daylight it isn't noticeable. The side is getting faded also. You really have to look hard to find some of these. Why would someone put one of these advertisements way back off the road where no one sees it?



This is along Route 30, two and a half miles west of Route 655, in Fulton County. Look for the church and the storage units. It's right across the street from the old Mail Pouch barn that fell down and isn't there anymore. You can't miss it.

No comments: