Friday, November 14, 2008

Denver - Into, Through and Beyond




Denver has changed more than any other town in Colorado, I think. Then again maybe it hasn't. But my first time through Denver in 1989 the new airport (DIA) was not finished yet and Stapleton was still bustling. I can remember seeing jets taxiing over Interstate 70. Then came the new airport with it's 'Snow capped peaks". Who would build an airport out in the middle of the dessert plains? Well, not so slowly but surely there is development non-stop from DIA to downtown and up onto the eastern slope of the Rockies. Where did all these people come from? Sapp Brothers in Commerce City has been swallowed up by bigger and better. But just get me through this. Get me past Lookout Mountain, past Chief Hosa and on the other side of Idaho Springs so I can start to enjoy the beauty of this place. Out to where I can breathe or at least gasp in some fresh air. Get me to the mountains.

1 comment:

Holly Myers said...

Great pics! I got word this week that you all were home safe and sound from out West. I also heard you were out here in blogger land. You like snapping away? We'll have to get together sometime and learn from one another! Keep up the great work!-- Drop by 'My World' sometime! hymyers.blogspot