Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Little Bit of Everything (PG LXXXI)


It's good to be back and it's good to see everybody else out there can't help but look up and notice when they pass a Painted Gentleman. This week, number 81, is one that slipped by the ohiobarn.com guys and it's in Ohio! I quickly pulled to the side of the street in downtown Ravenna, Ohio when I caught sight of this out of the corner of my eye. It's at 117 West Main Street at a place called, get this, Cheap Tobacco. When I shot this I was thinking, "Bull Durham" which is plain to see. But look at the circular design in the upper left. That made me think, "Mail Pouch". Look closely... it is a Mail Pouch. It also says, "Drink..." but I can't make out the name. the bottom says, " That Made M..." I don't know what that is the slogan for. I guess Mr. C. A. Beckley would sell anything to anyone, Stove, Furnaces, House Furnishings, Goods, etc. Keep your eye out one could be around any corner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should go down and take a picture of the Star Barn down where 30 and 283 meet.. I think thats a cool looking barn

Haney said...

JD
May 31, 2008 and June 3, 2008. I'm way ahesd of you man. They're moving that barn and the associated outbuildings to a new location in East Hanover Township near the Lebanon County Line.
Thank For stopping by
Haney

http://outskirtsofsuburbia.blogspot.com/2008/06/barn-with-star.html

http://outskirtsofsuburbia.blogspot.com/2008/05/earning-another-star.html

Anonymous said...

I must have missed that. Thanks, I've only ever seen it from the back.