Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Trouble with Spring

OK, I'm looking forwards to Spring. The flowers, the birds, the warmer weather, but not everything about Spring makes me happy. Thursday afternoon I drove slowly along Big Spring. I didn't know if it was too late in the day or too early in the evening to see any birds along the Spring. As I drove along a higher part of the road I looked down and saw a muskrat. Cool. I get turned around, parked the truck walked up the road and down over the hill. No muskrat but I did see a cardinal, a heron and some mallards. Cool. I waited a bit and returned to the road. Walking back to the truck I stepped to the side of the road for an oncoming car. As the car passed I heard a rustle and when I looked at my feet I was nearly standing on his tail. Not Cool. Definitely, Not Cool!

No comments: