Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Poles of America (PG XCVI)


Another Painted Gentleman from Cleveland. I think this one was also along Broadway at Forman Avenue. The Alliance of Poles of America was established in Cleveland in 1895 by dissatisfied members of the Polish National Alliance (PNA), who disagreed with the PNA's decision to admit as members Poles who were not Catholic. This building is their National Headquarters built in 1926. The organization has 17,00 members in 83 branches in Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Haney you got me hooked.
Saturday morning when I was driving around Newville I started looking at the buildings looking for painted gentlemen buildings.
Your header for the month is neat,when I saw it I laughed and said only Haney .
Have a good day,spring is on the way. Just saw geese v ing up and heading north.