Thursday, October 29, 2009

Training Day - 10/22/2009





Last Thursday was training day at the Vigilant Hose Company in Shippensburg. I rode along, I thought I could get some action shots. They planned on stretching some handlines, no water, just different lengths, different sizes and different attacks. We went to an old burnt out hotel on the east end of town and there was no light. Instruction away from the apparatus was by handlight. Repacking and shoulder loading was done by the scene lights on the engine. I don't like using the flash on the camera around fire engines and firefighters because of all the scotchlite reflective tape everywhere. So I had to get creative. All of these pictures are hand held and post processing was simply cropping and sharpening. I think they kind of give the feel of the firefighters' job. You don't always have what you need, sometimes you need to improvise and work with what you have.

No comments: