Sunday, May 02, 2010

The Vet, Philadelphia



I think for the next few Sundays I'm gonna take you out to the ball game. I've scanned some of the pictures I have taken at some of the various baseball stadiums I've been to in the past 10 years. Today we will start with Veteran's Stadium in Philadelphia. This was our first time to the Vet and after the game there were only 3 more games to ever be played here. The date was September 21, 2003. The opponent was the Cincinnati Reds. The final went to the Reds 4-3. Vicente Padilla took the loss and Dan Serafini, a relief pitcher for Aaron Harang, recorded the win. In the second picture you can see Jim Thome taking one long in the bottom of the fourth. We, of course, this late in the final season, managed to get seats in upper left field. Nose bleed section. And steep, it was a little scary to even to stand up. No souvenirs were bought, the lines to get into the fan shops were ridiculously long. We did follow through on the baseball twofer by going to a game in 2004 at the new Citizen's Bank Park (out with the old, in with the new). Somewhere I have some pictures I took a couple of weeks after the imploded the Vet. Just can't find them now.

No comments: