Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Year's First Oriole





Last night I stopped by Dykeman's Pond for a quick walk around. I don't normally go here in the evening but I'm glad I did. As soon as I got there I saw a Green Heron take off. Just knew it was going to be a good stop. But walk around and I have no opportunities except some mallards flying around. As I'm heading to the car and almost there this Oriole makes an appearance. I am happy with the few good pictures I got. All hand held. He was hanging out high up in a large sycamore tree and refused to look at me (see pictures 4 and 5). But I did manage a few good ones (see pictures 1 and 2). And I figured out why we wouldn't look at me (see picture 3). Yes, that would be his lady friend.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

By the way how are the Orioles doing? Go Pirates. Nice pictures.