Friday, January 14, 2011

21. Franklin and Cumberland Fire Stations








I think I spread these two out pretty far didn't I?
First station is Hampden Township Fire Company, Station 2. Located off of 295 South Sporting Hill Road in Mechanicsburg. Sorry but their website contains no history so just look at the pictures. Thanks.
Second station is actually at the Franklin County Public Safety Training Center. Located off of 3075 Molly Pitcher Highway (Route 11) south of Chambersburg, Pa. Opened in October of 2003, it includes a storage building (called the Morton Building) , a burn building and an administration building. The Morton building houses the training center's training engine, a 1979 Pirsch pumper, an old Marion engine. (I should find my pictures of it and post them sometime)

1 comment:

genie said...

Boy, did I pick out the burn building right off the bat. We have one of those here. It alwlays looks a bit spooky to me. I like the way you showed the different buildings. Ever since I was a child, I have loved fire stations and fire trucks.