Thursday, April 07, 2011

Chincoteague Drawbridge


Well, I'm in town this week so I'm gonna try for a low number when I sign for SkyWatch this afternoon. I've been bored lately so I thought I'd spice things up a bit today and add a blue tint to this picture from last summer. The drawbridge that used to take you onto Chincoteague Island has lost it's traffic since the new causeway opened up a couple years ago. The new route gives boaters and campers a straighter shot onto the beach road and took a lot of traffic out of downtown. Which is fine. I just hope they don't ever take out the drawbridge.

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

This is an attractive bridge si hope they don't take it down too!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

It's always a bit unnerving to approach a drawbridge while it's going up!

STORYTELLER

The sky, whether deep blue or grey,
Has stories to tell every day;
So if the day’s clear,
Be sure to draw near—
The heavens know just what to say!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Climbing Skyward

Anonymous said...

beautiful.




daily athens

Liz said...

Wonderful photo.

Liz @ A Simple Life