Friday, April 22, 2011

Dauphin County Convention 1981










Today we have scans. Scans of pictures I took at the 1981 convention of the Dauphin County Fireman's Association held by the Progress Fire Company. I will not expand on the pictures but feel free to add your own knowledge. They are, top to bottom, Vigilant Hose Co., Shippensburg's 1969 Seagrave, Engine 352. Harrisburg City's Engine 8. Engine 28, "Blue Max", from North Lebanon Township. Duncannon Fire Company. I don't know the designation of the refurbed deuce and a half but my guess is that it is a Brush truck. And the last old Ford is Engine 53 from Highspire.

1 comment:

Haney said...

OK, I had a little time to do a little research... HFD Engine 8 is a 1970 CF Mack. Engine 28, "Blue Max" is from Weavertown Fire Company in North Lebanon Twp. And The Highspire engine is Engine 55. None of these websites had much history on old apparatus. So help me out here.