Monday, April 25, 2011

The Barns of Meeker Past




It won't be everyday this week but I am officially declaring it: ThemeWeek Scans. Plus I am, once again, sharing with Barn Charm again this week. These two beauties are on the outskirts of Meeker, Colorado. Although neither really looks like the stereotypical "Barn" both serve that purpose. The first, located beside a homestead just as beauteous has, if you look close, there is a fence up to it to contain and restrain livestock of some sort. There may not be a tractor here, but that my friends, is a barn. Picture number two appears to have been a dwelling of sorts at one time or another. But the door coming out of the gable end of the second floor loft tells me that this was a barn long before Jenny here used it to endure a snowy Colorado winter.

15 comments:

Lesley said...

the second one looks like a basket that had fallen apart!

Mari said...

I love that first shot - great old building and an old car too!

gigi said...

That first shot would make a wonderful Halmark Card!! Awesome!

Kimberly said...

love the truck, too

Judy said...

I love the top photo with the truck!

Unknown said...

Love that truck! It and the barn make a quite a striking couple. : )

~Andrea~

MarieElizabeth said...

They have such great character. I love the old truck too.

jo©o said...

Hmmm, shed more like :-)
But it makes a cracker of a picture.
The truck and the fuzzy grass foreground are terrific. I can see this in 'oil on wood'.

Tanya Breese said...

that first one is my favorite with that old truck parked next to it! like time stands still!

chasity said...

that first one is the perfect scene to me... the old truck... the field...sigh.

love it.

Kim, USA said...

These two photos reminds me that everything don't last but remained beautiful!!

Barn Charm

Jan n Jer said...

I step back in time...thats how I feel when I look at these photos. Great shots!

Leif Hagen said...

I especially like the top photo with the weathered, ol' pickup truck and the charming barn! Bravo!
Warm regards from EAGAN daily photo in Minnesota

genie said...

I have seen far too many of these old fallen down structures of late. People are just not fixing them up, and it is so sad. The old pick-up truck really adds a lot to the overall image. Takes you back in time beautifully. Nice photography.

Anonymous said...

Jenny would be hard pressed to stay out of the Colorado elements under THAT roof! LoL! =)
I knew when I saw that thumbnail in the link up that it was somewhere out west... LOVE that old truck, too... what an added bonus!

I have to apologize for taking so long to visit everyone's Barn Charm entries... the flood situation in this area has me out shooting the scenery! =0