Thursday, April 28, 2011

Year Five, Day One and the 4th Annual Cyber-Rollcall




























That's right. One more year down. That's four now. This past year has been a busy one for me. Here at home, more so than here in the Blog-O-Sphere. This past year I posted 348 new posts, bringing my total to 1451 in four years. The past few months have seen a drop off in weekend posts, which will probably continue. I will post on the weekend if there is something you need to see. Otherwise unless you're coming to help mow the grass and shovel snow I'll see you during the week. The past year has also seen a drop in postings from a lot of my once daily reads. Is the blog dead? Has the evil MyFace generation taken over? Do you need to hear every detail of my existence? Don't look for me there, I don't see that happening.


This past year has brought me to new and exciting places and old and familiar places. Doing some things more and doing some things less. I bought a new lens to play with and a flash that I haven't fully explored. I spend some summer time in my favorite of places; Chincoteague Island, Virginia. Breathed the crisp Rocky Mountain air from a tent 10,000 feet in the Colorado Rockies. Spent Father's Day, solo, in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. Junior and I met some friends at the Lunar New Years in Chinatown, NYC, again. Visited Balloonfest near Greencastle, Pa. for the first time. Our first attempt at the Great Philly Cheesesteak Road Trip. And back to old familiar Gettysburg, Pa. where a thought of recreating old postcards was born (stay tuned this summer). And a day trip to the Conowingo Dam, this time with an old friend, Brad Myers. This year? Who knows. Summer vacation isn't set yet. Father's Day daytrip isn't confirmed yet. Another Cheesesteak Roadtrip is in the works along with some much missed baseball. More Barn Charm on Monday's that I will link up to (there was 31 last week). More Painted Gentleman on Wednesday's as I find them. More SkyWatch on Thursday's even if I don't link up to it (there was 242 last week). More Fire Day Friday's and more Name That Station (soon). I can't wait.


The pictures I have posted here have all been posted before. Some are your favorites, some are my favorites. Most just tell my story since last year. Not all are 'frame-worthy', that has never been the intention here. All tell a story and are a glimpse into my head. Please excuse the spinning, it happens to me all the time. Top to bottom in no particular order... 1. Postcards from Gettysburg. May 20th, 9 comments. 2. Maryland Heights Overlook. Harpers Ferry, WV. June 22nd. 3. Green Grove Gardens Balloonfest 2010. August 2nd. 4. Sunrise, Friday the 13th. Assateague Island, Virginia. August 19th, 14 comments. 5. Pre-dawn. Assateague Island, Virginia. September 2nd, 5 comments. 6. The View from Eutaw Street. Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland. October 7th, 9 comments. 7. Carolina Dreaming. North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. October 14th, 10 comments. 8. The View from There. Flat Tops Wilderness Area, Colorado. November 4th, 13 comments. 9. 2nd Alarm Assignment. Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. November 15th. 10. The City in the Mirror. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. November 18th, 11 comments. 11. PFD Engine 20 Ladder 23. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. January 4th. 12. Crabman. Chinatown, NYC. March 15th, 4 comments. 13. Sunset. Cleversburg, Pennsylvania. April 14th. 14. The Barns of Meeker Past. Meeker Colorado. April 25th, 14 comments.


And now the Cyber-Rollcall part. Leave a message and let me know you're still out there. Unless I really am all alone here. Last year I had 6 people admit to stopping by.

6 comments:

barry said...

ok haney tried this twice yesterday and the post did not take.
I`m here enjoying

Kenny said...

Haney,
Still here most every day, I do miss every now and then but, catch up the following day. Keep them coming.
Kenny

Anonymous said...

I'm here

Grizz

E4 Lt said...

yea... I'm number 4

Holly Myers said...

Keep on bloggin. Do it for yourself above all. It's like your own journal to yourself and a few others get to go along for the ride.
---I like the pic with the palm trees and moon. It reminds me of South Carolina's flag.

Blog on!

Unknown said...

Haney,

I tried to leave a response the day you posted this but the the board was messed up. I check everyday that I am in the office. Congrats, keep them coming!

Cincy Bill