Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sunrise, Friday the 13th

I am always saying that my daughter and I get out of bed before daylight when we go to the beach to get down to the shore and look for seashells before anybody else, but he truth is that's what gets her normally-awake-at-the-crack-of-noon butt out of bed in the dark when she's on vacation. Me? It's this right here. This was our first morning of vacation. The bottom picture was taken first, notice the thicker clouds at the top? Sunrise lasted all of about 10 minutes before dipping behind that cloud layer. Didn't come back out fully til after lunch. But that 10 minutes was well worth the price of admission. Actually, we had awesome sunrises each morning. It was the sunsets that were iffy.
Hey, it's SkyWatch time, so click on the icon on the right sidebar and see the world.


13 comments:

Sparky said...

Nice shots of the sunrise. I would like to see these when on vacation, but I just can't get my butt out of bed.

Lesley said...

I am an early riser, but mostly in the winter when early is later!
Lovely sunrise.

Jossie said...

A beautiful start of the day!

Unknown said...

It is great that you wake up so early on vacation! you were awarded with a beautiful scene for your effort!

My Path

VioletSky said...

Those waves would have drawn me out of bed! Lovely view.

Unknown said...

The first photo is amazing. Love the reflection too.

Margaret Gosden said...

Love the ambience - beautiful captures!

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sunrise, I love Chincoteague! Happy skywatching!

Carolyn Ford said...

I love these...especially the first photo...awesome capture!

LivingSoAbundantly said...

You should be very proud of this picture. One of the best beach pictures/sunrise I've seen!

Jenny said...

That's certainly worth getting out of bed for. Those are some nice shots. Happy skywatching and happy Friday!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Well they say that "Red skies at morning, sailors take warning." Was there bad weather later?

Unknown said...

these sunrises are mesmerizing. the motion of the waves is awesome, too.