Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jolly Roger's Giant Ferris Wheel in OC




I wish I could be cool and tell you how big this ferris wheel is and how long it has been spinning just off the Boardwalk in Ocean City, Md. You know, like, this is the "Such and Such" ferris wheel, built by the "Whatever Ferris Wheel Company" and it has been spinning all however many feet in diameter wheel on OC's boardwalk since way back when. And how I first rode it a hundred years ago when I was but a wee lad and how we would walk knee deep in sand uphill, both ways, just looking for old soda bottles so we could cash them in for a quarter that we'd split between three of us and that would give us just enough for some cotton candy and a ride. But I've never actually ridden this ride. My head can no longer handle any unnecessary spinning around in circles. Guess I'm just getting old.

No comments: