Friday, August 20, 2010

14. Cumberland County Fire Stations









The last one was a toss up, the others we're kind of easy. I had featured Washies and the LAFD before. They're on here again so they get into the NtS database. Answers are...
First station... Good Will Fire Co. No. 1, 400 Third Street, West Fairview, Pa. Part of the East Pennsboro Fire Department, Company 16. Organized in 1908 they built this station in 1967.
Second station... Washington Fire Co. No. 1, 53 East Main Street, Mechanicsburg, Pa. Organized in 1857 on the birthday of their namesake George Washington.
Third station... Lower Allen Township Fire Department, Station 1, 2233 Gettysburg Road, Camp Hill, Pa. This is their new station that also houses the Township offices as well as the Lower Allen Police Department, yes, that is the LAPD.
Fourth station... Correct me if I'm wrong, but, this is the North Middleton Township building. I think this was the original home to the North Middleton Township Volunteer Fire Company. Company 39. I took these pictures the same day that I took the others for Company 39 and when I posted the current station 1 Wally mentioned this building and that help me confirm that this was where they were housed from their organization in 1959 until the new station was built in 1963. Feel free to correct any inaccuracies here.

No comments: