Friday, August 13, 2010

Franklin County Fire & EMS Stations








I can't say they were easy, I didn't know where the second one was until about a week before I took these pictures. Heck, I didn't even know about the third one until a week or so before I took those pictures. First one I knew about, I just haven't been out that way in a while. Here we go...
First station... St. Thomas Township Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company, Inc. (Almost had to put on an addition to fit all of that name). Company 18. 34 School House Road, St. Thomas, Pa. Established in 1964 this building was built in 1987.
Second Station... West Shore EMS. Ambulance Company 100. 850 Fifth Avenue, Chambersburg, Pa. To find this one you have to turn off of Fifth Avenue to find it. They've been there since 2005. They used to be in at Lincoln Way East and Coldbrooke Avenue, just a couple blocks from the hospital.
Third station... Friendship Fire Company No. 1, Second Street, Chambersburg, Pa. This was before they moved out to East Point (Lincoln Way East and Queen Street split) and eventually into McKinley Street Station. This is currently the Police Station and attached to Borough Hall. I saw no break in the brick work, it may have been completely redone. Friendship's were formed in 1780 they were housed here from around 1830 until 1911.

1 comment:

Dale Jr (Wally) said...

I guessed the second one after blowing up the picture. Again it was a great history lesson on the third one. Well I'm ready for next Friday,,