Friday, January 29, 2010

LAFD - old school - Lower Allen FD








It's been a while since I have posted this many pictures in one post but since I don't normally post active firehouses I needed to start at the beginning and take you through the whole story. Well, not really a story but what I can condense from their website (which has no history link). (LAFD) The first two pictures are my Old School Firehouse pictures. I know they don't look too old school but.
Lower Allen Township Fire Department covers Lower Allen Township in Cumberland County, running as Company 12. Lower Allen Township covers about a 10 square mile area between Camp Hill, Lemoyne and Mechanicsburg. They run out of two stations, Station 1-12 is the new firehouse that was built in conjunction with other municipal offices and located on Gettysburg Road near Lisburn Road and seen in pictures four and five (showing the front and back of the apparatus bays). And Station 2-12 is on Rupp Avenue closer to Route 15 and Wesley Drive. The old Station 1 still sits empty on Hummel Avenue near the Route 581 underpass (picture one and two).

3 comments:

Sparky said...

Great shots and enjoyed the story.

barry said...

good morning haney, well it got the best of me, I went for another ride to Chambersburg and found the other painted gentleman. I had forgotten two stops I made.
If you head up route 11 going into Chambersburg , just past Franklin Feeds there is a car wash on the right , drive through the open bay of the car wash and there on the ice and cold storeage building is the Rakestraw ice cream painted gentleman along with the bold word ice. I think this is the best shot angle.

Haney said...

Awesome. Thanks Barry!