Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mel's Coke, Hbg (PG 131)


I thought I was all out of Painted Gentleman pictures until I ran onto this one. NOW, I think I am out of Painted Gentleman pictures. This was taken somewhere in Harrisburg last March. My usual habit of getting a picture of a nearby street sign failed on this one, so I can't tell you exactly where it is. What it is, though, is an old and very faded Coca-Cola sign. If you look at the middle of the painting you can make out a Coke bottle at an angle. This place looks like a typical corner store. It is obviously no longer Mel's Food Market, it appears to be a house now. I am in serious need of a road trip somewhere to refuel the "PG Files".

4 comments:

Barry said...

haney , on your next trip to walk along the Big Spring , travel into Newville to Cherry street at the head of the Rail to Trail. There you will find a Painted Gentlman that I don`t think I hae seen on your blog.
Also Last Friday we had a nice visit with your wife and daughter in Kohls. They both look great.Have a great new year in The Outskirts of Suburbia. Diana says hello.

Haney said...

Barry, Thanks for stopping by. But, click on the lists on the sidebar, check out PG 45 from back on 2/25/09. Been there done that. Say hi to everyone for me.
Haney

Haney said...

Barry,
Oops, my bad, that was PG 95. Can't even read my own roman numerals, no wonder I stopped using them.

barry said...

Yep, sure enough thats the one I thought you missed . I `ll keep looking maybe I can find a new one.