Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grubb's Coke (PG 132)


Just when I thought I had exhausted the immediate area of Painted Gentleman, I found this one Monday afternoon. I literally worked a half a block west of this garage. Walked up Raspberry Alley to this garage. Today was the first time I noticed it. U-turned back and added it to the collection. North Mountain Road and Raspberry Alley just a half a block south of the square (circle?) in Linglestown, Pa. Linglestown, a.k.a. St. Thomas, sits north northeast of Harrisburg along Route 39 in Dauphin County. I've posted their old fire station once, here.
Drink Coca-Cola in Bottles. Grubb Bro's Garage.

4 comments:

barry said...

Good morning haney, I found one in Chambersburg a couple weeks ago for Rakestraw Ice Cream, only darn thing was till I got home I forgot where I saw it. I checked all the post this time and did not see it, I think I was out by Jim`s Market someplace that I saw it. Have a great day!

Haney said...

I don't have that one Barry. I drove around over at Jim's market but didn't see anything. I'll havce to run through again. I do know where thaer is a washed out coke sign in Chambersburg on the back side of a one way street. Thanks. Keep looking.

Ken Grubb said...

Hello Haney,

I would very much appreciates your permission to reproduce "Grubbs Coke" in "Grubbing Around", the twice yearly journal of the Grubb Family Association (U.K.)

Hope to hear from you.

Regards

Ken Grubb
Editor

Haney said...

Ken, Thanks for finding me. Yes, you may use these pictures for your newsletter. If it's no a problem send a copy to me at theoutskirts@embarqmail.com .
Haney