Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chambersburg Ice & Cold Storage (PG 133)




Barry,
I took another drive to Chambersburg and did a couple loops around the Grant Street area near Jim's Country Market last Sunday morning before it rained. I found this. Is this the Gentleman you remembered or do I keep looking? I also found another nearby partially covered with a sign.
Thanks for the lead, Haney.
If anyone ever reads the comments my old friend Barry recalled seeing an old faded sign in Chambersburg. I found the Chambersburg Ice & Cold Storage Co. sitting right on Grant Street between 2nd Street and Kennedy Street. I found two addition signs in the borough and a huge multiple mural building south of town. The Painted Gentleman supply is slowly being refueled.

2 comments:

barry said...

Morning haney , no this is not the one , but I did see this Saturday morning when I was retracing my path . When I saw this I thought I don`t remember seeing this in the blog, I just didnt have a chance to review old post to check. The one I saw was a RakeStraw ice cream
, now if I can remember where I was in Chambersburg. I now have a note pad in my pocket of my coat. I`ll stop and write it down.

Anonymous said...

Haney,
I know you didn't post this post with the F.D. in mind, however this facility definitely brings back some memories of a couple long days and E-252 (the '93) pumping its tail off. Started out as a transfer to Headquarters station and ended up being a several day incident. Transitioning from interior attack to exterior to pump operator... Got to spend alot of time with Max, Jamie, Chief Dubbs, and many others. Can't quite recall which year this fire was.

TJ