Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Angels of Gettysburg


Something different tonight. No birds. No filler. These are from my November morning drive through the Gettysburg Battlefield. The first picture is the top of the Pennsylvania Monument and the second is the Louisiana Monument. For the La. monument I was going for more of a silhouette but I think I like it better with some detail.
On a different note, I think I found my inspiration. With Thursday nights excursion onto SU for some night pictures I took a few more tonight. And, WOW, I said before that I see pictures before I take them and what I captured tonight I've been seeing for a while. I even tried it already this winter. But tonight I got what I was looking for. My only problem is I have two very similar, yet different, views of the same thing and I can't pick a favorite.

2 comments:

Brad Myers said...

I have often been inspired on college campus before also. Join the club it is easy to do, LOL. For some reason it is frowned upon to photograph that inspiration.

Haney said...

I saw you shaking when the big bull walked by us. I can only imagine the difficulties you would have keeping focused for this.