Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Herr Gemalt vom Stadtrand von Vororte - Deutschland








Scans today come, again, by way of Europe. These are some of the many painted houses and buildings I saw while I was in Germany. The top two came from a volksmarch we participated in in Eichelberg. The last two were from my final trip to Munich. Munich is by far my favorite city. Anywhere. This was just three weeks before heading stateside to start a whole 'nother life. This is also, I think, within a week or so of getting my new Canon AE-1. So there was a lot of trial and a lot of error. These buildings, like many others, were more than paintings they were advertising. The first one translates to 'Old Rider'. I'm not sure of the meaning, maybe it means a stop for someone who has traveled a long time. The picture shows a cider or wine press. The second one, 'Zuchterheim' translates to 'Breeding House'. Notice the farm animals? The chicken, rabbits and pigeons? But the Moninger Beer sign tells me this is no longer a farm building. The third one reads 'Zerwick Vault, The Oldest Bavarian Wild Business - 1264'. This is a restaurant serving wild game. And the last has no words but I'd bet you could buy a liter of beer there.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Like to overseas picture. Reminds me back in the day in England. wonder what is like now?