Monday, November 15, 2010

2nd Alarm Assignment





We interupt this blog to bring you breaking news. Late Sunday afternoon the Shippensburg Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire just a block up and half a block off King Street from the Vigilant's house. After some time you learn what is going on by listening to the dispatch. They didn't say, "Smoke in a house" or "Report of a house fire". No, they said, "House Fire". Drop what you're doing and head in the direction of the smoke column. A quick knock down and a long overhaul were in order. The call quickly went to a second alarm, mainly just to get fresh bodies on the scene. All companies did a fine job and things got wrapped up for the fire departments in less than two and a half hours.

3 comments:

Brad Myers said...

Haney, I heard this box go out and the 52 engine report the plug they had before it was placed on a talk group. Was there a job yesterday in Leesburg? I had numerous people search onto my blog looking for a fire in Leesburg yesterday, I also heard a strange dispatch that may have been this fire on Washington Street, they sent engines 49, 51 and truck 42 on the initial.

Other than Clyde who is in the last photograph?

Sparky said...

Engine 49, Engine 51, Truck 42, & Engine 13-1 for RIT are the new Second alarm AKA Working fire dispatch in the Ship area.

Haney said...

The only thing in Leesburg yesterday was the 1922 fire at my Great Grandfathers. (I linked this to my family geneology blog) The 49, 51 and 42 may have been the second alarm. I saw the 49ers and Truck 42, I think 51 went to our house. Last picture is AC Kenny Nehf, Chief Clyde Tinner and Capt. Jim Byers.