Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Argo Gold Mine, Idaho Springs, Co. (PG 156)


Holy cow, it's been since September 22nd since I've posted a new Painted Gentleman. I have a few new ones saved up, so, here we go. This one was shot through the side window as we were heading west along Interstate 70 in Idaho Springs, Colorado. This is the Argo Gold Mine, obviously. They offer tours of the mine and the mine buildings. I remember my Dad taking pictures of this building back in the early seventies. It still looks the same. I could go on about the significance of the Argo Tunnel, about how they dug this tunnel to drain the water out of other tunnels,or that it is over 4 miles long, but I'll let you read all about it on their website. When you get there hit the HISTORY icon. Very interesting.

No comments: