Sunday, July 17, 2011

Minnesota Monument, Gettysburg, Pa. 2011







MINNESOTA MONUMENT

GETTYSBURG, PA.

When the Northern forces were divided during Pickett's charge, General Hancock sent the First Minnesota Regiment to fill the gap. This regiment suffered an 82% loss in the battle and the largest of any loss of any regiment accounted for in any battle in the history of the world. Nearby is the Pennsylvania Memorial to her sons who fought at Gettysburg.

Marken & Bielfeld, Inc., Frederick Md.

7A-H1542


I said last summer I would do this and here is the first one. Last weekend I spent just a few hours in Gettysburg. I followed the sun and found the postcard images that were well lit. My initial outing provides postings for the next 5 Sunday's. I'm not sure if the lean on the Minnesota Monument is lens distortion or if it is settling over the 70 years since the original postcard image was taken.

No comments: