Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shippensburg Fair, The Results Show









Well it's been a few years now that I entered a picture in the Shippensburg Fair. I think it was 2007 and it was the picture of us driving through the Brooklyn Bridge. It took first place that year. I also enter a flower picture with a butterfly that I probably should have thrown away instead. But we won't talk about that. This year I entered the maximum of five. In order as shown; Skyscape - this was on Assateague Island last summer matted and framed at 14x18. Landscape - Harrisburg skyline from the west shore with the reflection in the Susquehanna River. Framed and matted to 10x20. Other - that's Engine 252 pumping water last summer during some water supply training framed and matted to 11x14. Floral - columbine in my backyard this spring. Framed and matted to 12x12. B&W Landscape - snowy creek in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area last fall. Framed and matted to 10x13. Drum roll please... Sunrise, Friday the 13th took first place in the Adult Color Skyscape category. That would be a Blue Ribbon and a check for $5.oo. And that's it. I couldn't even drag a stinking third place white ribbon out of any of the others. Wait 'til next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job haney I like them all