Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Learning to Fly


While mowing the grass this week I was visited by this little guy. I got some pictures and left him alone but kept an eye on him. Mom would buzz by with encouragements or land in a nearby tree. Finally he lifted off an made it across the yard. Then up and over the neighbors drive and into his yard. I lost him then, hope he made out OK.
"There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, state of bliss.
Can't keep my eye from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I"
Pink Floyd, 1996

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grass looks a little high haney , however no weeds in the flower bed . Guess the no weeds cancels out the high grass.

Haney said...

The grass was high, I did say I was mowing it. Besides it was too dang hot.