Sunday, June 29, 2008

Striking Gold


This mornings walk along the Big Spring, on the Outskirts of Newville, Pa, was a more than 2 mile loop out and back. Lots of pictures, lots of colors, lots of birds and lots of flowers. Ever get to a point on an adventure, regardless of how big or small, when you decide to push around just one more corner, 10 more minutes? Is it me or are we more frequently rewarded for that little bit more? I think you miss a lot taking the short cut. This morning I rounded one more corner, walked 10 more minutes and was blessed with gold. Goldfinches. At one point 4 of them were flitting back and forth. Then these two posed for me and I was thankful for my perseverance. Even without seeing anything more than I had already, I enjoyed the additional time on a beautiful morning along the Spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for this wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. I know what you mean. Sometimes it is nice to just sit down and enjoy what is around you, than just walking the whole time.