Friday, June 20, 2008

National Fallen Firefighters Memorial 5/08


I visited the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg Md again on Memorial Day. I took pictures of the monument again, this time with the afternoon sun shining on in. Last time the morning sun was behind it and it made it difficult to get any good pictures of it. The whole family went along, they were quickly impressed but just as quickly ready to move on. I also got pictures of the newest monument here. If you don't know what that is I'm going to make you wait. Tune in next week. Check out my 7/20/07 post or my 7/13/07 post here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. I have heard about the other one, but have not seen it yet. Any pictures of the Otto House?

Anonymous said...

Yes the new one is great,
Just remember this date, Oct.5,2008 is the National Firefighter Mem.Day at the Academy in Emittsburg Maryland, The boat leaves at 8am,start's at 10am and it's over by 12noon,, The dress of the day is Class A uniform's,
Fireman from all over the United State's,,