Friday, June 06, 2008

Nats Park, DC




This is where I spent some of Thursday evening, watching the Washington Nationals play the St. Louis Cardinals. The rest of the evening was spent taking an impromptu tour of downtown DC, no thanks to MapQuest. Actually thanks would go to my brother, a District fireman, who helped me when I called and told him I was lost. "Where are you at?" "I just took a left at the White House and and sitting next to the Washington Monument." "OK, go..." We found it eventually. Nice park, though we got there late and didn't get to walk around much. There was no batting practice since this was the second game of a double header of Wednesdays rain out. They won, even though they blow it as we were hitting the street to start our 2 hour drive home. My son, an Albert Pujols fan, was disappointed that he didn't start the game and even more disappointed when we left the stadium and saw him pinch hit from outside. Thank goodness he struck out looking, had he homered I would have never heard the end of that. I liked the openness of the park. You could see the Washington Monument over the third base line nosebleed seats (see yesterdays picture) and the Capitol building beyond left field (see the top picture at the left field foul pole). And the seating wasn't too crowded up in the cheap seats. Bad news was the big crowd didn't let us do an in game upgrade of our seats. And finally the Nats Dogs were very good.

2 comments:

Woody said...

Nice Photos...

Haney said...

Thanks Woody. It's alway nice to hear that.