Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eastman Kodak No. 2 Folding Cartridge Premo




For as long as I've enjoyed taking pictures and for as long as I've considered myself a bit of an historian, old camera never piqued my interest. Don't get me wrong, I love digital. I don't miss shooting a roll of film and realizing the light setting was off. 15 years ago when cleaning up at my grandfather's house I dug three things out of the trash pile. This old camera, patented in 1910 and 1913, was one of those things. There was another old camera and an old View-Master, with slides. A couple weeks ago I ran into this again and started to study it. There are preset focuses and ISO adjustment there under the lens. And the shutter speed adjustment is above the lens. The lever you see at 10 o'clock is the shutter release. It takes '120' film, but I don't think I'm gonna load it any time soon. I did find out that the "Kodak Ball Bearing Shutter" style was made between 1916 and 1922. I have to wonder, which of the old family snapshots that I have were shot with this camera?

No comments: