Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Treat

Formerly known as the Tropical Treat. This place started as an ice cream shop. Walk up to the window. Then they added a waiting area. Then I can remember when they added the seating area out front and years later seating to the east side. In high school this was the place to go after school or after sports (football games are played half a block behind where I'm standing). Still a long wait for a quart of strawberry milkshake in the summer months. This is the second in a short series of the eateries of Shippensburg. If the series goes beyond today I better get out there and take some more pictures.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

Yes what a place to be when we were in high school. Great place for a Cheese burger hoagie and a hot fudge sundae. yestersdays Before and After great place too. The next one I would like to see is what I think as the number one Pizza place in town. And another great place to hang out when in high school. Pizza-N-Stuff.

Unknown said...

After School!! I think I ate more lunches at the Treat than in the Cafeteria!

Cincy Bill