Friday, July 16, 2010

Franklin County Fire & EMS Station and Beyond









OK, we're back. Let's see how you did....
First Station... Rescue Hose Company No. 1, Greencastle. Franklin County Company 3. 842 South Washington Street. Formed in 1896 (the ambulance sqaud started in 1967), they moved into this renovated school in 1998.
Second Station... Waynesboro Ambulance Squad, Waynesboro. Franklin County Company 2A. This is a new website. If you are a local FD webmaster, change the www link to WAS2A. Must be a new site, still needs some work. This building is only a few years old, the guys at Mechanics steered me in the right direction to find it. 603 W. Main Street, Waynesboro.
Third Station... Scotland School Fire Department. Located on the grounds of the Scotland School for Veteran's Children just north of Chambersburg. I'll be honest and tell you that I don't know much about SSFD but I wish to know more. maybe someone out there can enlighten us. I wasn't sure if I would get arrested looking for this or not. I was surprised to find an old engine still parked inside. Looked like a late 1950's Ford.
Fourth and Bonus Station... Good Intent Fire Company No. 1, Pottsville, Schuylkill County, Pa. One of seven independent fire companies serving under one chief and one Department, the Pottsville Fire Department. Organized in 1846, the Good Intent have been in this building since 1882. They run Engine 11. First due at Yuengling Brewery.
As always feel free to add to my mini descriptions of these firehouses.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Ok than. After I put Pleasant Hall down, I went back and kept looking. I know it wasn't Co.11. talked to my brother and we had some ideas. But looks like we were both wrong. The old engine Co. 14 see Chief 10 from Franklin County Air 10