Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Coca-Cola, The Druggist and Crown Fried Chicken (PG XXXVII)




Unbeknownst to Mr. F. J. Althouse, the Druggist, he and his building are Painted Gentleman No. 37. Of course his building is now a chicken shack and his neighborhood rates high on the pucker-factor scale for someone who is as ethnically neutral as I am, even so, my camera and I walked with a purpose among the other characters out enjoying the afternoon. Crown Fried Chicken is on the northwest corner of Market Street and 13th Street in the Mount Pleasant area (I think) of Harrisburg, PA. Obviously the grafifittist did their work before the adjoining building was demolished, but it still adds a little personal touch to the Real Thing. I'll bet there are more of these hidden in Harrisburg and every other town I drive through. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found and cleaned a bottle in perfect condition that says FJ Althouse druggist corner of 13th and market harrisburg pa
Tried to get a picture didnt know how to post