Thursday, December 27, 2007

One For My Daughter (PG XL)


Yes, it's been a while so I'll tell you about my weekend at the beach. This is the Shining Star Gift Shop on Taylor Street in Chincoteague, "Not Your Ordinary Gift Shop". They were closed so I can not verify their claim to fame. This painting is by a local artist named Dawn Tarr, we have seen her work around town before. She had painted the sign for the Luna Seas Restaurant on Maddox Street, we took pictures of that sign on our first trip in 1999. The next time we went back there was two Chinese guys painting it white so they could stencil the #1 Chinese Restaurant over it, I thought my daughter was going to cry. The old #1 didn't last long there, actually, I don't think the building is there anymore. Ms. Tarr also did some smaller things downtown and years ago my daughter bought a large clam shell with a mermaid on it at one of the gift shops.
Yes, I realized it was Wednesday after I had already posted the cardinal. This week I've been screwed up on what day it is. It'll take a couple weeks yet 'til I get straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so great to see this pic.. i was so upset to find out the Luna Seas building burned down.. so sad.
So happy you were able to see the newest chincoteague mural at Shining Star. They are closed for a while, and may reopen as something different.
have a fabulous summer!
dawn tarr
www.dawntarr.com