Sunday, July 27, 2008

Funny Money




Friday night at the fair my son and I went to see the band Funny Money. Funny Money is the singer and drummer from Kix, the old local eighties band. This was my sons first live concert and I think he really enjoyed it. With my love of eighties rock (the good stuff, not the wanna-be's) he knew some of the songs. It was a small crowd at the fair no more than 300 I'd guess. I saw Kix back in '82 opening for Ted Nugent on City Island in Harrisburg and once in '83 headlining at the field house at Shippensburg University (Shippensburg State College, back then). My son got a kick out of some of the old eighties stage prancing and dancing Steve Whiteman did. For some reason or another it didn't seem as corny back then. They did have a few new songs that I have heard on the radio recently and all in all it was a good show. It didn't transport me back to high school or anything, but maybe if they would have sung Yeah, Yeah, Yeah that might have got me up dancing with the drunk guy who ran onto the stage. You never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes the party days of the 80's. Rock ON

Kathy said...

The 80's RULED!