Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lake Erie Sunset


Our first evening in Cleveland (actually I think they call it the Ohio's Northeast Coast) we went out to Headlands Beach State Park. I wanted to take some sunset pictures and the clouds were good. I wasn't a really colorful sunset but I think I got some good pictures. Headlands Beach is the the biggest natural sand beach on Lake Erie in Ohio. Unlike the ocean there are no shells (although I found two very small ones) the shoreline is made up of small rocks polished smooth from the waves. We did find a lot of beach glass, something we never find much of in Chincoteague. We found clear, green, brown and even some blue. This became our mission. Who could find the best and biggest. I think I won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of the sunset. You will have to ask Sara to see hers from Maryland.