Saturday, July 05, 2008

Thistle Dew




Hey, it's Saturday Post Live week 5. This morning started with a walk in the woods. The purpose? Huckleberries. Unfortunately I'm a week or so early for them. I picked only about a cup full. Lots of unripe ones though. Huckleberries, if you don't know, are basically wild blueberries but a lot smaller. Huckleberries grow in places you shouldn't hang out when there ripe. Rocky, snaky mountainous places where because of the undergrowth (the huckleberries) you can't see your feet. And bears love them. I figured a cool rainy morning was a prime time to look for them.
I didn't get any good pictures of the huckleberries or the bushes, I did get some of the thistle along the way and a turkey feather I found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.