Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Honest Scrap on Broadway (PG LXVIII)



Painted Gentleman number 68 come to us from Cleveland Ohio again this week. This building is six blocks closer to downtown than the Mail Pouch Gentleman from two weeks ago. This one also sits along Broadway at 49th Street. The top line reads "Joseph D. Panek, Machinery" Now, I've been Googling for the past hour and I can not find any information about Honest Scrap. I don't know if it is the cheap version of Mail Pouch or not. Scrap sounds like it may be second quality. If you know let me in on the scoop on Scrap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The P. Lorillard Company of Middletown Ohio produced Honest Scrap chewing tobacco. I do believe it was a lower end chewing tobacco made from the 'scraps' from the better quality stuff.

TJ