Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Aspen Forest



As mentioned in the comment section on Tuesday I continued hunting the Sang until about lunch time. At which time I packed up and headed back to camp for some breakfast. My half hour walk down would be more than an hour back up to camp. Probably a mile and a half to two miles and 600 feet of elevation climb along the pack trail. At times it was a push to make 100 steps before stopping to breathe, another 100 and breathe. Back at camp strip my shirts off to dry, fill my water bottle back up and eat some lunch. A short nap and then on to another area for the afternoon and to find somewhere to sit on Monday.
The biggest regret of going this late in the year is the quakies have dropped their leaves already. I miss the first season hunts we did when we would be out there in mid-October. The golden patches of aspen with the autumn wind rustling the leaves while you were hunting. Hunting warm, I might add. My next vacation out will be during this time, whenever that will be.

No comments: